Plantation | TDMA
Broadband is a low-cost, two-way, bandwidth-on-demand, broadband VSAT system for Internet Protocol (IP) connectivity over satellite based on TDMA (Time Division Multiple Access) technology. TDMA technology allows bandwidth sharing and pooling, and thus lowering the cost of this service, something similar to DSL technology. The system uses iDirect highly successful Infinity broadband satellite solution. Operational from our Earth Station Hub and Network Control and Operation Center (NCOC) in Cyberjaya, this ‘star-topology’ architecture with a central earth station hub connected to thousands of remote sites. Each remote terminal is capable of upload speed up to 1.15 Mbps with download speed up 10 Mbps.
- Antenna size: 0.75m to 2.4m
- Typical information rates from 64Kbps to 11Mbps
- C-band and Ku-band coverage
- Flexible profiles with symmetric and asymmetric data rates on forward and return links
- Real or private IP-address allocation
- Quality shared bandwidth service, with QoS control
- Interface: Ethernet or Fast Ethernet
- Dynamic Bandwidth Allocation and Bandwidth on Demand
- Configurable CIR (Committed Information Rate) and QoS (Quality of Service) for guaranteed Grade of Service.
- Support for various TCP/IP route and protocol
- TCP Acceleration, TCP Spoofing and Turbo Coding increase system throughput for excellent IP connection over satellite VLAN Tagging, DHCP Relay and MPLS support options
- Slotted Aloha for transaction based low bandwidth applications such as Point-of-Sales system, Automated Teller Machines or SCADA monitoring.